[3830] ARRLDX CW K0AD SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 20:26:47 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0AD
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: K0AD

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: MN

  160:    4     4
   10:   10     8
-------------------
Total:  688   189  Total Score = 388,962

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I managed to get in about 12 hours over the weekend.  Had to quit about noon on
Sunday.  The conditions, of course, were fantastic.  This is the first time
with great condition since I put up the tower and yagi 2 1/2 years ago.  With
conditions this good, I truly did not feel that running low power was a problem
at all on 20, 15, 10 ("Don't need no stinkin amp!").  I was able sustain some
pretty long runs on both 15 and 20 with LP.  Of course, 80 and 160 were another
story - especially 160.  I heard tons of DX there but they did not hear me.  I
did manage to work 6Y1LZ on 6 bands.

Nice to see all the great scores out there.

73,

AL, K0AD