[3830] ARRLDX CW KL8DX SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 21 22:05:41 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alaska

Total: 1128   122  Total Score = 412,116

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Goodness the bands were crazy!  What a blast and I only wish we
were not "DX" in this one as lots of great DX heard outside of
USA all weekend. South America was pounding in on 10 meters! So
nice to see that band active again. I only wish I set aside more
time to operate this weekend but with my daughter home from
college, family time trumped radio time.

My maiden voyage with Win-test and I'm hooked!  Took me a bit
of time getting used to it and made a few keyboard mistakes so
thanks for everyone's patience. Got my macros squared away and
by day two, was feeling more comfortable using it.

My amp gave up on 15 meters so ended up with only 100 watts there
but the band was so hot, it did not matter much. Wall to wall CW
and I used every filter available this weekend. Was spotted as
KL7DX yet again, so several dupes in the logbook.

Two big contest weekends in a row, I'm ready for a break! Thanks
to everyone who worked me and to those who tried. Logs will be
uploaded soon and detailed comments about the contest will be
posted to my blog in the near future as well.

73!
Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK
http://kl8dx.blogspot.com/