[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3FRX SOSB/160 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 22 07:36:12 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: Varna

  160:  35     27
Total:  35     27  Total Score = 2,835

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Had to miss the start so only worked 3.5h Friday night until EU sunrise was
done.  Still amazed that EU hears my 100W signal when they are running 400-KW
and I am only hearing some of them at 329 at best.  Either good ears or great
RX antennas.  Had to leave a few easier heard mults (DL, 9A) out of the log.
Bummer.   Pretty good conditions and 3 new countries (CR2, PA, TX4T).  Guess I
missed better condx on Saturday night, but couldn't answer the bell (sorry
...Olympics!)  Got up early Sunday to work TX4T at 1112Z with two calls (no
QRM!)

Rig: TS-140S  (950SDX still wonky)  90 Watts
Ant: 132ft Zepp at 50ft apex
Logger: N1MM v 10

Lots of fun and thanks to all you great Ops for pulling me out of the noise.
73
Jeff
VE3FRX