[3830] ARRLDX CW GI0KOW SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 22 12:43:24 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: GI0KOW
Operator(s): GI0KOW
Station: GI0KOW

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Armagh

   80: 1036    57
Total: 1036    57  Total Score = 177,156

Excellent conditions on the first night, quieter the second but still good
signals around. Its been quite a while since I did a sustained effort in a CW
Contest and over the weekend two things were confirmed for me. Firstly rx
antennas are a must, I know I lost quite a few contacts by not being able to
pull the callsigns out of the static crashes or qrm - my apologies to those
people. Secondly my CW is officially dreadful, at my best I was never a
particularly good code exponent but it has really gone to the dogs this last
couple of years. I had quite a few Homer Simpson DOH! moments when someone
would send a perfectly clear callsign but my brain just failed to process it,
very frustrating !

A few beverages and a quite a few hours spent on a cw simulator are badly
needed.

Many Thanks for the contacts and the patience shown to my constant repeat
requests.

I will upload the log to LoTW later this evening.

73 Robert GI0KOW