[3830] ARRLDX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 23 09:30:32 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   40: 1534    92
   20: 1273    83
   15: 1119    86
Total: 4636   390  Total Score = 5,424,120

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The pileups on 20 & 15 just after the bands opened were the deepest and longest
I ever remember.

Once again, my problem is finding mults, or moving them enough when found.

No visits from Murphy during the contest. No frequency fights. I heard a CT1 on
10m Friday afternoon, but no EU heard on 10m during the contest.

My biggest problem was dealing with immobility in my left arm left over from
rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago. I can't lift the arm so I had to reach
across and do switching and some tuning with my right arm. I did the first 26
hours straight, and when I got up I was hoping the left arm wouldn't be frozen
from staying in the same place so long. It wasn't, but it sure was sore.

Overall, that was a lot of fun.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT