[3830] ARRLDX CW WA7LNW SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Feb 24 18:13:13 PST 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Utah

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   10:    8     7
-------------------
Total:  227   164  Total Score = 111,684

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to operate this year's event from the home QTH rather than the
Hurricane Mesa Test Facility contest site.  Used my K-3 feeding a simple 28'
top loaded fiberglass homebrew vertical fed at base through a remote
LDG,Z-11Pro ATU.  Antenna worked pretty darn well.

It rained and snowed throughout the entire contest weekend. Imagine that could
have improved this antenna's performance.

My primary goal for this event was to place new band and mode countries
into the new home QTH log book using a simple Field Day set-up.  I had a lot of
fun breaking pile-ups with only 100 watts.

Best band conditions were on Friday and Saturday.  Heard a lot of over the pole
and long path signal echos. This was a good sign our sun spots are firing back
up.

I ended up working a total of 59 band, 2 mode and 2 overal DXCC countries
during my 13 hours of operation.

Look forward to working everyone during the next contest.

73's de Jack, WA7LNW