[3830] NCCC Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Feb 25 19:18:18 PST 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - February 26

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      1
   80:   8      4
   40:  16     14
   20:   9      6
Total:  35     25  Total Score = 875

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A great end to the Winter Ladder!

I drove to W6YX for NS, and to set up for NAQP RTTY.
20m was lively again, but people left fairly soon.

I spent lots of time on 40m which was FANTASTIC, with nearly
every QSO a new mult. I stayed as long as I dared, because
I know QRP power is tough on 80m, and I wasn't disappointed...
only 8 QSOs and 4 states.

As I suspected before the fray, the 160m antenna was patched out
 and the 10m antenna patched in (by the DXers) - so to work 160m I
turned on the rig tuner on the 80m antenna and managed two local
Californians - THANKS!

The score a little lower, but the fun level as high as ever!

K6UFO Mork!

W6YX:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft