[3830] NAQP RTTY N6HC Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Feb 27 23:29:44 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  571   149  Total Score = 85,079

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

It has been awhile since I played in a NAQP-RTTY contest.  I started an hour
late because I needed to finish my Saturday LA Times crossword and sudoku
puzzles first!  I heard nothing on ten meters.  Fifteen meters was okay for a
little more than an hour early into the contest.  I had some fun runs on twenty
and forty meters.  Eighty meters was very noisy, probably due to the rain and
thunderstorm that passed through Orange county in the early to late evening.  I
ran about 300-400 watts to keep my neighbors happy.  I could probably have done
just as well barefoot (except on 80 meters).  Surprise calls came from 5E50SA
on two bands, FG/F6AUS, and an IW1 (Italy) on twenty meters.  Several JA and
UA0 stations checked in too.  All in all, a fun ten hours to fritter away on a
rainy SoCal Saturday.  Thanks for all the Qs.
Best regards from the "Hotel California".  Arnie N6HC