[3830] CQ160 SSB KR1ST Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 28 15:11:20 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ladson, SC

Total:  QSOs = 97  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 3  Total Score = 8,362

Club: I'm Hearing Things

Comments:

Rig: IC-756ProIII
Pwr: 100W
Ant: 160/80m inverted L @55ft/22 radials
     RX antenna: 160/80m coax loops with preamp

I only played the second night for a bit, and started late at that, too. I did
better than expected, though. The additional radials payed off, but I need
more, especially towards the west. However, the house in the way. Something's
gotta give. :-)

I had replaced the coaxial Inverted L with a Battle Creek Special like antenna.
I only have the 80m trap in the antenna. It plays very well, better than I had
hoped for.

Worked only one EU station, but I understand that the best EU opening was on on
Friday evening. I can't really say anything about the conditions because I just
don't have enough experience on 160 meters.

Thanks to everyone for the Q and for sticking with me to make the contact.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org