[3830] RTTY WPX K6GEP SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 28 16:53:07 PST 2010

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

   80:   68  166
   40:   90  286
   20:  129  272
   15:   53  112
   10:    1    3
-----------------
Total:  341  839  Prefixes = 191  Total Score = 160,249

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Fantastic conditions on all bands!  THIS is what we have been waiting for 3
years to see.  Great opening to Europe in the morning on 20M.  I may have made
a mistake by not QSYing to 15M to work Europe too.  I learned that lesson for
ARRL DX CW the next weekend.

This is my personal best by far. The DX really comes out for the CQ contests,
as opposed to the Roundup in January.  I think the ARRL needs to split the
Roundup into 2 contests - RTTY Sweepstakes and ARRL DX RTTY. I worked 4 new
ones: E21, 5B, OZ and 4O3.  I was astonished to work I4AVG on 80M.  I think
that is my first EU on RTTY for 80M.

Rig: FT-990 , 100W

Ants:
80 meter dipole sloping from 40 feet
80 meter OCF Windom sloping from 40 feet
40 meter inv vee at 45 feet (for 40 & 15)
Wilson SY-2 Tribander at 18 feet, forgot which direction it pointed to

N1MM + MMTTY Software