[3830] CQ160 SSB KU8E Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 28 19:47:00 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 273  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 8  Total Score = 37,296

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Casual effort mostly S&P except for a good run for a couple hours high in the
band on Friday night. It's hard for me to justify spending much time in this
contest having just an average station. Most of the EU stations just CQ in your
face when you call them (unless you are on the east coast). There were some US
stations who seemed to have a hard time hearing too. You would think running
600 watts and a decent inverted L you would be heard.

I have found out the new QTH is a pretty good (and quite) location. Listened to
K1LZ running EU for awhile and I could hear 75% of the EU stations calling him.

73, Jeff KU8E