[3830] RAC Winter N8II SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jan 1 06:16:53 PST 2010

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   10      2       3         1
   80:   33     37       5         6
   40:   48     20       6         8
   20:   33     50       6        10
   15:    9      6       4         3
   10:    0      0       0         0
Total:  133    115      24        28  Total Score = 91,278

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a somewhat out of snych and limited effort; it's just impossible to be
competitive from the mid-Atlantic without much Es, there appeared to be none! I
was up at 4AM to take my daughter to foot surgery in Baltimore 85 miles away on
Friday morning, so I didn't even check the contests scheduled for the weekend.
Friday evening I operated a very productive 70 minutes before my body told ne
to quit; it was a slog pretty much from then onward. A good part of the day,
the populated areas of VE3 seemed to be skipping over on 40 and phone activity
seemed very limited. 15 was open well to western Canada early afternoon, but
activity was very poor. A sweep of 7125-7200 at 20Z yieled zero contest
activty.
By noon 20 was pretty well worked out, very few USA stations would answer my
CQ's. Activity would have been much better undoubtedly if the test had been
after Xmas. The last 3 hour, I mainly worked the 9ACW test which had a decent
EU turonut.