[3830] RTTY Roundup VA3DF Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 15:53:04 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  250  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 5  Total Score = 13,750

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Never did an RTTY contest before. Matter of fact, never made an RTTY qso prior
to this weekend - so it was definitely a learning experience. Saturday, I was
playing around with an RTTY interface that I picked up last September and after
learning a bit about the interface and MMTTY I felt that I was ready for a
shakedown cruise so I decided to make one qso in the contest just to make sure
everything worked OK. The first qso went OK so I hung around for 249
more!Learned something from the process and will make a more serious effort
later this year in other RTTY contests. No qrp section in this contest so the
official entry will be LP.

Thanks for all the qsos and your patience with a newbie.

As usual, it's a jungle out there when you run qrp!

73,

Doug
VA3DF