[3830] RTTY Roundup W7WHY Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 17:24:15 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Coos Bay, OR

Total:  145  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 9  Total Score = 7,250

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well, I fought the flu and the flu won!  Came down with the bug Friday and made
it until 11:00 Saturday night before I finally bagged it.  Felt too punk to sit
at the radio all day so just laid on the couch and watched football.

Sure were a lot of stations on. Think I worked more CA stations than I ever
have in the RU.  Forty and 80 sounded like the CQP here.

Must be lots of K3's out there because signals were 200-300kc apart all the way
from .030 all the way to .100+.

Had one humorous moment for me.  The right radio speaker is on a shelf to my
right, and all of a sudden the radio seemed to go dead.  Signals were still
showing up on the screen, but the volume was way down.  Fiddled with the radio
for a couple of minutes before I finally figured out the battery in my right
ear hearing aid just went dead :-)

73 and thanks for the Q's.
Tom W7WHY