[3830] RTTY Roundup K8AJS Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 17:42:10 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23 1/4

Total:  663  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 48  Total Score = 67,626

Last year I ran high power in this contest, this year I decided to go Single Op
Low Power, instead. Maybe this wasn't a good year to do that.

Propagation was disappointing, to say the least. By Saturday evening, I was
about ready to throw in the towel, but I decided to stick it out. I wasn't
really disappointed I did that; Sunday was much better than Saturday, but not
as good as I had hoped. We've seen a few sunspots and we're all hoping things
are going to turn around now, but on and on we go and it really doesn't get any
better.

One bright spot was that I had more multipliers than last year, even with
running less power, but I missed two states plus DC (where were ND and DE,
anyway?). Last year I worked them all. I got the same number of provinces as
last year and had 9 more countries, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much
about propagation.

That's it for this time around, hopefully a year from now we'll all have better
conditions to work with.

Rig: FT1000MP
Antennas: 3 el quad, G5RV
Software: WriteLog 10.71c