[3830] RTTY Roundup K5TTT Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 18:03:26 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K5TTT
Operator(s): K5TTT
Station: K5TTT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK

Total:  407  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 29  Total Score = 32,560

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

This was my first attempt at running RU.  I figured I would get on and fill the
last few holes I had for ARRL Triple Play in digital mode.  Once I got started,
I couldn't stop.  It helped that it was snowing in Oklahoma AGAIN!  And the kids
were sick, so I had to get up a few times to help with that.  I wasn't sure what
goal to set, since this was my first RTTY test.  So, I didn't and just ran with
it.  The W5GI Mystery antenna I've been experimenting with worked like a hose
on 40 and 80.  It's too low for DX on 20 but worked good for stateside.  It
sucks on 15, so I used the 2 el Tri-bander for that and picked up a few more DX
mults.

Worked every state except ND and AK and still need ND confirmed on LOTW.
Missed a bunch of the VEs.

Finally figured out N1MM and it was easy to use and helped contribute to my
success.  I started off slow, partially due to the sick kids and had only 25 Qs
in the log in the first 5 hours.  Once they got to sleep, and I felt comfortable
with N1MM, I started a run and averaged 25-50/hr except for a few hours where I
S&P'd and took care of the kids.

Overall for me, it was a success.  Next year I'll have to set my goal to beat
this years score.  This years score bested last years SOLP winner in OK!
That's good enough for me!

Thanks to everyone for working me, it was tons of fun!

Charlie, K5TTT