[3830] RTTY Roundup VA2UP Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 19:12:00 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1203  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 57  Total Score = 138,345

Club: CGQ

Comments:

Well I had high hopes for this year's edition since I missed last year's after
loosing the 20M monobander just before the contest in freezing rain. Everything
was looking good except...a snowstorm with gusting winds and you guessed it the
rotor on the 20 and 40M antenna went!!! Don't know yet what the problem is but
I just know that on saturday I was beaming straight north for awaile and then
the antenna ended up pointing south...all by herself great!! So I have no idea
how I worked you but I'm glad I did :)
Knowing that I could not turn and aim the yagi on 20M I spent most of the time
on 40M and the qso count shows that. Had a rough time trying to get the mult
count up I think I got through to Alaska after 50 calls, JA was out of the
question from the back of the antenna. Well it happens, now the big question is
can we fix it in this cold WX? I sure hope we can if not the nice bunch of
winter contests may be compromized here. We'll see in the next few days.
I had good fun although as you know when something goes wrong, especially in
the antenna system it's hard to fully enjoy the contest.
Many many thanks for all those who answered my calls and hope we can meet again
in the next edition. Thanks ARRL for holding the contest.

73,  Fabi va2up