[3830] RTTY Roundup AL9A Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 3 20:37:51 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 13:04

Total:  660  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 27  Total Score = 54,780

Got the new Icom 7600 Santa brought online last weekend.  Played around in the
SARTG HNY contest New Years day as a trial run.  Am amazed at how well this
radio plays!  Quantum leap in receiver performance over the old IC756PRO it
replaced.  We'll see how it goes on CW next weekend in the NAQP.

First time in the RTTY RU and it was a blast.  Only problem was fairly stiff
winds througout the weekend forced me to lower the 70 foot crank up to about 45
feet.  Better to have a short antenna than no antenna!  The winds also revealed
I apparently have a loose connection on the 160M Window as the SWR went up and
down in sync with the wind gusts.  Went to the new AV6160 vertical and the
Double Bazooka sloper as backups.  Was surprized how well the sloper played
considering the lower tower height and no attached radials.

BTW, just how many hams are there in MN?  I must have worked a 100 or so.  It
got to so bad everytime someone called from zero land I just typed in MN in
anticaption of the report.  Most of the time that worked!  They must issue
every newborn a radio upon discharge from the maternity ward!