[3830] RTTY Roundup KR7X(@K7ZSD) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 4 09:01:56 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

Total: 1623  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 40  Total Score = 155,808

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another SO2R-SOHP effort from Smoke Ranch Resort and Day Spa. My hosts Brad and
Ruth were super, as always, in accomodating my RTTY vice.

This was the first time I have worked the RTTY RU. For some reason I just
haven't done it in the past, big mistake. The rate in this contest was way
better than CQWW RTTY. Maybe it was the better Flux or more operators but I'll
take it whatever the reason.

I used a FT1000MP Mark V and the K3 in this test. Logging with Win-Test / MMTTY
and it worked without any glitches. It was very stable and coupled with the
2-MK2R+ boxes all worked as desired. Of course the nice antenna arrays that
Brad has put together were the big reason for success.

I seemed to start out slow but by 0600 it seemed to pick up and the rate sky-
rocketed which was great fun and makes SO2R a kick. There were several hours
where the Q's were timed just right to have almost a continuous stream of
logging with both radios working at maximum. I think this was the highlight of
the contest for me, SO2R really showing what it can do. I can only imagine the
skill and dexterity of P49X with his sustained rate! I've got to remember to
gather the mults though.

Thanks to all who stopped by and worked me, it was a HOOT!

Hank / KR7X