[3830] RTTY Roundup VE2DWA(LU7DW) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 4 09:43:23 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE2DWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Aylmer QC
Operating Time (hrs): <4

Total:  332  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 28  Total Score = 25,080

All the exchanges were 599 QC

Radio: Yaesu FT-1000MP, Heathkit SB-200, PK-232

Antennas:  80 meter dipole @ 10 meter, 40 meter dipole resting over the trees,
TH7 fixed to somewhere

PC: Pentium 1 w/soft WF1B 5.02 DOS 6.2.

Comments:

As on Xmas weekend a several hours of freezing rain storm hit hard this region,
most of my antennas suffers that bad weather (my 40 meter dipole is liying over
the trees, I've lost my 30 and 160 meter inverted vees and my TH7 was leaning
over the house because the bolts in the Yaesu rotor were broken) I've only
operated a few hours trying to finish my triple play award (still 6 states
missing).

Lots of activity and the bands in good form, make a lot of people happy and
good scores.

The PK-232 + WF1B combination is still the best for my RTTY operation, very
reliable and easy to operate

See you in CQ 160 CW,  I hope to be active again as LU7DW

HNY & 73 de Claudio VE2DWA-LU7DW-VE3AP-N6LU