[3830] RTTY Roundup VY2LI Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Jan 5 10:55:48 PST 2010

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PEI`

Total:  183  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 16  Total Score = 11,346

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

With a weather bomb bearing down on us and the option to lower my tribander/40M
dipole (a homemade Hazer-type assembly),I chose to take the safer option.So
with my 10-40 antennas around 8' off the ground,any activity was going to be
strictly at a casual level.Good job I did;heavy wind gusted over 100K and there
were some structural damage to some local buildings.

That,coupled with the world junior hockey ch'ships,and Bill was often
distracted if he did have some propogation,which seemed excellent on 80M;
however, after spending a good part of the morning ensuring that everything
possible was out of harm's way,I didn't have much left in the tank for
operating on the only band that I did have an antenna.

Between VY2SS and myself,VY2-land was available to many as a mult.Happy New
Year to all and hope we got into your log.73,Bill