[3830] NCCC Sprint K3TN LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jan 8 02:46:03 PST 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - January 8

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   5      5
   80:  16     11
   40:  11      9
Total:  32     25  Total Score = 800

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

TS-850 to Windom at 45', 51' T for 160

This week I will use 2 excuses from the software column, and one from the
antenna column:

Last week's windstorm took down my Windom, spent the weekend getting it back on
the air and getting N1MM to work with MMTTY to play around in the RTTY Roundup.
What I didn't notice was:

1. Getting the digital interface to work somehow caused N1MM to eschew Winkey.
Didn't test the function keys until just a few minutes before the start, so I
lost the first 7 minutes til I found the unchecked Winkey box in the Port 4
Setup menu.

2. I usually use the N1MM Sprint contest template, which doesn't allow dupes.
But I apparently chose the SprintLadder contest, which does. So, sorry to the
few on each band who had to send "B4" to me.

3. Working on the Windom I had apparently dislodged my sophisticated 160m feed
system (alligator clip under a Tupperware box in the snow) so lost a few
minutes going to 160 with a trip out into the yard.

Bummer - conditions on all three bands seemed very good. Long on 40 but lots of
stations from far enough away. 80 was fantastic, and the few minutes I had left
on 160 had lots of strong signals.