[3830] NAQP CW AC0DS Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jan 9 22:15:10 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AC0DS
Operator(s): AC0DS
Station: AC0DS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO - Longmont

   15:    1     1
Total:  770   156  Total Score = 120,120

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC 44 Mag

Comments:

Definitely a fun event.  Met my scoring goals, but not as expected.  I had high
hopes for 15 and 10, but they were pretty much DOA here, so did not get the Ms
I was counting on there.  Had my best effort ever on 20.  40 and 80 were
somewhat disappointing with lots of severe QSB.  160 was perhaps the most
pleasant surprise and allowed me to finally make my goal of 150 Ms.  Lots of
activity there and nice signal levels with minimal noise.   Worked LOTS of GMCC
members – I can not remember this level of participation from Colorado in a NA
contest – good deal!!

Single K3  at 100 W with temporary stealth antennas.  43 ft vertical and 102 ft
doublet at 35 ft Xmit antennas.  Converted the doublet over to a 160 meter low
Marconi during my 9 PM break to allow some 160 operation for the last hour.
That worked out well.  Hidden K9AY RX antenna.