[3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 10 05:26:10 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn

   40:  34     27
   20:  25     14
Total:  59     41  Total Score = 2,419

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #7

Comments:

I always like to choose something interesting for a name. I do this because I
like to be unique and also my name has too many dits.

There were many choices this time around. ELVIS would be good since his bday
was recently. Also NIXON's bday was recently. Almost used TOEWS for the
Blackhawks hockey player. And even considered LUZON for the Jan 9, 1945
invasion of Luzon, Phillipines.

Decided to get into the Russia/WRTC spirit and settled on CZAR because on Jan
9, 1905: Russian Revolution was sparked by troops firing on petitioners to CZAR
Nicholas in St Petersburg. http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0860856.html

Then I figured out the "AR" at the end of CZAR might be confused for
Arkansas...Ugh! I might have used CZAR before too in a previous NAQP? Also
remembered about all the Obama appointed "czar's". Oh well for the contest I
can be the Contest Czar, hah! Maybe Senator Reid and I can talk contest
dialect? Come to think of it I could of used BOZO to honor all the folks in
Congress! Although BOZO deserves better than that especially since he came from
Chicago.

Just spinning the dial a little between working at the desk. Limited to
40-10...too dang cold to put up the 80m temporary. Missed the Aug NAQP due to
sailing.

Happy New Year everyone!
See you in Russia :-)

Best of health to all,