[3830] NAQP CW N2WN Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 10 07:28:40 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:

   15:   31     9
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  401   147  Total Score = 58,947

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG #3

Comments:

One more QSO and one less multiplier compared to last year, net result = lower
score. On the plus side, 160 was HOT, had an outstanding hour on the band.

Did anyone else have weird pulsing noise on 40 that seemed to sweep the band?

20 was all over the place, should have made a better effort to work the NE when
the band was solid to that region. Very weird skewed paths. Heard Korea and took
time out to work him, it was a struggle (had to crank it up to 100 watts) but
landed him LONG PATH, for a brand new one from this QTH.

I always find it interesting that many of the loudest signals have a hard time
copying me, and the some of the weakest don't, even with others calling. Go
figure.

Missed some of the "regulars", who were definitely on, but never heard (Sorry
Rick!) Was a bit bummed that XE2WWW was only handing out signal reports on 160,
that would have been my "needed" multiplier, still nice to beat others in the
pileup with only 5 watts :o)

See there were a few more QRPers playing, all I worked were solid copy.

HNY to all and thanks for the fun!

72,
Julius
n2wn