[3830] NAQP CW VE7AX Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jan 11 14:41:36 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VE7AX
Operator(s): VE7AX
Station: VE7AX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Nanaimo, BC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   16     6
   40:   16     9
   20:  129    41
   15:   10     8
Total:  171    64  Total Score = 10,944

Club:

Team:

Comments:

POSITIVES
1. Equipment/set-up working well.
2. Gradually getting able to make N1MM do what I want it to do.
3. Cushcraft R6000 vertical working remarkably well on 20m (and 15m when
open).
4. I had some nice runs on 20m early and seemed to be on track for a satisfying
result even with a fair bit of time to be taken for other family duties and some
hockey/football on TV...but,

NOT SO POSITIVE
1. 15m disappointing after signs of life over the past few weeks.
2. Wire antennas on 80 and 40 not really up the job - need work
(inspiration?).
3. My CW skills are just not yet quite where I need them to be - I had to ask
too often for fills and sometimes had trouble with common names even at modest
CW speeds.  Hope I'm not too old to get this part of my game back in shape -
still a work in progress.

Thanks to all for the QSOs (and special commendation to a few operators for
their saint-like patience as I struggled to get "PAUL" or "DENNIS" into my
log).