[3830] NAQP CW WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jan 14 16:33:05 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:45

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  516   137  Total Score = 70,692

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Better Late Than Never

After a week of beating a "Vista" PC into submission and making it into an "XP"
(thanks Juan, W6NOW) I was ready to tackle contesting once again.

Computer ran flawlessly - not a single CW hiccup which was not the usual old
case.

Only flaw was this op needs to focus more on looking for MULTS. Seeing score of
the brethren that succeeded, there were two factors that stood out:

1)MULTS over 150
2)SO2Rs

No immediate plans to cure the second and if the first is related to the second
then I am just bound to be an also ran.

I thought the conditions were 'fair' but as others have pointed out from the
west, when 20m closed it was too early for 40 and lower. Hope this weekend will
prove better.  Like the flux numbers but it is NOISY as all get out on 20m
today. arghhh.

A month or so back I put up an OCF wire antenna and that has made these MULTS
on 160 more possible.  In past, would be lucky to work neighbors if the cat
stood still long enough to load him.

Thanks for the Qs, sorry for any repeats and see you all in the next one.

WN6K, Paul