[3830] NAQP SSB KE7YF Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 17 06:58:13 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KE7YF
Operator(s): KE7YF
Station: KE7YF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

Total:  229   102  Total Score = 23,358

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: Arizona Outlaws 2

Comments:

IC-746 PRO   100 Watts
80M Antenna - Ground mounted vertical; no radials; 54 inch mast; big mother
homebrew coil; 12 foot MFJ whip. Resonant on 3830 with 80KHz bandwidth without
internal tuner.  My best 80M antenna performance at this restricted QTH.
40M Antenna - Ground mounted vertical; no radials; 108" mast; 40M Hustler
Resonator.
20M Antenna - Mobile dipole made from two 54" masts with 20M resonators;
current balun; Height 10 feet off ground.
15M Antenna - Same as 20M but with 15M Hustler Resonators.

Almost 100% Search and Pounce.
15M started out promising then died early (1pm here).
20M was fairly good, but lots of QSB and east coast stations left before I
could work enough mults.
40M was fair, but again east coast stations left early and broadcast stations
above 7200 were strong.
80M was surprisingly good.  I actually picked up a few east coast mults with my
makeshift vertical.  Many east coast signals were S9 plus.
160M was a dissapointment.  I could load the 80M vertical and heard weak
signals, but nobody could hear me.
I had 14 more Q's than in the NAQP CW contest, maybe because the solar flux was
10 points higher this weekend.

I had fun, worked a few outlaws, and tried a new antenna.  Thanks to all who
heard me.

73.........de.....Outlaw Paul