[3830] NAQP SSB KL7RA M/2 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 17 18:05:06 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA AL7IF
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Alaska

  160:   16     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1206   171  Total Score = 206,226

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Wigi, AL7IF did most of the running while I did most of the shouting. 20 was
good at the start and I waited for 15. Once 15 opened we actually did have
a few hours of two band rate. 15 would go stone dead then bubble back and
I could work another 10 min run. No one can hear our 100 watts on 40 until
we get somewhat dark soaked but I still have to prove that to be true by
calling everyone I hear up and down the band anyway and working no one.

Once 40 starts working Wigi took over and I started the same process on 80
and so on.

We ended up the last few hours just working a few six/sevens on 160 and 80
as the low bands were below the 100 watts we used to "get your attention"
from Alaska even though both bands were loaded with nice signals and the
mults we needed. Just no luck getting much past Washington border East.

73 Rich KL7RA