[3830] UKDX RTTY VA7ST Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 17 20:24:35 PST 2010

                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC

   80:  10    18     2
   40:   7    15     2
   20:  56   122    10
   15:   3     5     2
   10:
------------------------
Total:  76   160    16  Total Score = 2,560

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Sat this one out in 2009 and 2008. Happy to get back in the fray, though this
was my worst effort yet. Mostly got on in short bursts totaling 3 hours. Not
much worked, but was thankful to have something to do when NAQP SSB wasn't
panning out here.

15M didn't provide much though it was great to get VA2UP in the log. Hoping
this band will begin to offer more widespread coverage soon, and more
consistent rates. Was simply a "go there and get the two easy U.S. and Canada
mults" situation this weekend.

20M didn't have a lot of activity, but enough to keep me going for a while. Was
on for what should have been a good 20M EU opening with flux in the mid-80s, but
it didn't happen. Managed a few EU mults (9A, F, DL, EA), but just one UK
section.

40M wasn't very good, but it wasn't for NAQP SSB either. JM1XCW was a very
welcome find on 40M in the final hour (3 a.m. here) but no other DX worked.

80M was pretty good to Eastern NA for the few minutes I was on late Saturday
night -- nice big signals, at the very time when NAQP phone sigs up the band
were not there or not workable.

         QSOs    Pts   Cty   SEC    Score
2010      76     160    15    1     2,560 LP  3 hrs
2007     170     363    26    0     9,438 HP  6 hrs
2006     226     467    24    2    12,142 LP 10 hrs
2005     151     315    23    1     7,560 LP