[3830] BARTG Sprint W4PK Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 24 06:51:35 PST 2010

                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

-----------------
Total:  680  680  Mults = 70  Total Score = 285,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started out Saturday morning with great conditions on 20 toward Europe, but they
rapidly deteriorated in the afternoon.  I worked over 300 stations in the first
three hours and then it took me another 10 hours to work the remainder.  I
typically make more contacts on 40 as I do on 20, but not this year.  Usually I
can get decent runs going on 40, but not this time.   Things got so slow along
about 10 PM local time that I just called it quits.   But overall it was a fun
contest and I particularly liked the 24-hour format.

There were lots of casual operators as I was logging many with single-digit
serial numbers throughout the contest.

Many thanks to the contest sponsors for this event!

73, Sam W4PK