[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 24 19:45:54 PST 2010

                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   4     3
    2:   6     5
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  10     8  Total Score = 80

Rained off and on Saturday so unable to go out portable. Front passed through
overnight and the rain moved on east. But very cold, dry and windy Sunday
morning when I set up at the Cattle Pens at dawn. My fingers froze while
putting the 2M and 6M yagis together. Wondered briefly why was I doing this -
but it worth it as worked W9RM EN52 on 6 Meters via meteor scatter with my 10
watts and 2 element yagi at 1435 utc! Jay had a great signal on bursts and good
ears. Heard N8XA/p EM89 with a good signal shortly thereafter trying to work
W9RM. I tailended but he then faded down. Ax sounded almost like "E-skip."
2 Meters was very poor - no enhancement at all. A week ago had KA1ZE/3 FN01 in
on tropo. I struggled with QSOs to N0ll, K0CIY and N0IRS at around 200 miles
range. Listened for KB0HH but nil heard from Gary's group. Nice to work Rick,
W0RT in Parsons, KS. A super VHF op.