[3830] CQ160 CW N2FF Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 05:56:39 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

Total:  QSOs = 296  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 17  Total Score = 57,888

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Asssited operators continue to be punished by the contest rules. I like to
operate assisted with low power, 100 watts, but I am lumped in with the 1500
watt guys.  This makes it impossible to judge how I stack up with other low
power crew.  Continue to worry about category creep and whether enough people
will sponsor plaques, etc. Bogus excuses for the attitude: the asssited guys
are not macho/real contesters!

Despite that the contest was fun and crowded. Low noise levels too. I almost
had WAS - missed ND, SD and KL7.  I heard KL7 a few times but could not break
the pile.  I never heard ND or SD.  I think those poor people froze to death.
Heck it's only 14F here on the tropical island of Long.  Brrrr...rrrrr!

I even managed to work a few new ones.  Eventually I will get DXCC on 160, I
hope.  The four 1/4 wave radials at 8 feet will have to come down in March to
do the gardening.  The antenna is an ugly L but it works.

Strongly consider creating a LOW POWER ASSISTED category!