[3830] CQ160 CW N8UM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 06:28:08 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 868  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 50  Total Score = 263,940

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Station:  9 lb US made tranceiver, Quadra amp, 70 foot vertical with 6 inch
diameter Texas Bugcatcher base loading coil, no packet or telnet.

My personal best in any 160 meter contest.  70 10 pointers (where were the JA's
Sunday morning?)  Even with the ice and snow storm, no snow static or high swr.
Had a 30 foot 6 inch diameter limb land between the guyed 40 meter 4 square and
80/160 vertical with no problems.

Had my knees replaced one year ago this week and and they are finally happy
sitting in a chair for long periods.