[3830] CQ160 CW N0AX Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 07:39:29 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO

Total:  QSOs = 141  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 0  Total Score = 12,792

Club: Mississippi Valley DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I only had time for a couple of sweeps through the band, but the stations were
wall-to-wall and no more than 300 Hz apart in many instances, yet most were
busy CQ-ing and running stations, having a great time.  It's a real testament
to the advances made on Top Band over the past few years in receiver and
transmitter technology, antenna design, understanding of propagation, and
operator skill.  Taking advantage of a sunny, if cold, afternoon I restored my
105' dipole to its full 30-foot height and had a great time working
coast-to-coast with low power, burning a number of clouds in the process.
Great fun on Top Band!