[3830] CQ160 CW N6ML(@N6RO) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 08:26:55 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Oakley, CA

Total:  QSOs = 1020  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 56  Total Score = 426,462

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, huge thanks to Ken for letting me hog the station for this one,
160 being his favorite band. The idea was to work on my 160 WAS and DXCC
numbers a bit, as well as a fairly serious effort in the contest. Mission
accomplished, I think!

Condx very good domestically the first night - strong signals from all parts of
the US. By the end of the first night, I had all states except SD, OK and LA(!).
Not much EU the first night. Things reversed a bit the second night... domestic
signals seemed down a bit, but there was a magical opening to EU. They weren't
very strong, but they were workable. More magic around sunrise, when several
nice Asian mults became workable. I did work a bunch of OK's the second night,
and a couple of LA's and SD's to complete WAS. Glad to make 1000 Qs (although
it won't survive the log check) - little run of W's on east coast sunrise
helped with that.

DX claimed:

AF: CN CT3 EA8
AS: 9M2 BY HL HS JA JT UA9 VR XU
EU: 9A CT CU DL EA EI ES F G HA I LA LX OE OH OK OM OY PA SM T7 TF UA2
NA: C6 CM FM KL KP2 KP4 V3 VP9 XE ZF
OC: FK FO JD/m KH6 YB ZL
SA: CE HC P4 PJ2 PY0F

Station: K3, AL-1200, wire 4-sq + bevs, N1MM Logger

Thanks for all the Qs - that was fun!