[3830] CQ160 CW NN7ZZ(N5LZ) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 10:05:46 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NN7ZZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Utah

Total:  QSOs = 922  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 47  Total Score = 281,112

Club: Utah DX Association

Comments:

Great Conditions!  I think we'll see a few records fall on this one.  My best
160M contest ever as far as DX mults and score are concerned.  I was actually
called by several new mult 10 pointers, which is a rare occurrence for me.
I’m still the proverbial alligator with no real receive antennas.  I did use
K3 diversity receive using two transmit antennas about 200 feet apart, and it
made a significant difference.  Sorry to those who I could not pull out of the
noise.

I had WAS in the log the first night.  I only missed the five rare Canadian
mults.  23 European mults is my most ever for any contest.

DX Mults Worked:
Africa: CN, CT3, EA8
Asia: JA, UA9,
Europe: 9A, CT, CU, DL, EA, EI, F, G, GM, GW, LA, OH, OH0, OK, OM, OZ, PA, SM,
SP, TF, UA, UR, YL
North America: C6, CM, FM, KL7, KP2, KP4, V3, VP9, XE, ZF
Oceana: KH6, ZL
South America: CE, HC, HK, LU, PJ2, P4, YV

Lots of fun for sure.  My biggest problem with 160 meters is dealing with the
propagation changes that suddenly plop a CQer zero beat onto my well
established run frequency.  I must admit that I lost my cool two or three
times.

Thanks for the Qs.  I look forward to the next one.

Station: K3 and Alpha 9500, half sloper transmit, and diversity receive with
transmit antenna and an inverted L about 200 feet away.

73,
Don, N5LZ