[3830] CQ160 CW W4SVO Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 16:07:22 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4SVO
Operator(s): W4SVO
Station: W4SVO

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FL

Total:  QSOs = 595  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 67  Total Score = 250,100

Conditions were pretty good, but not like last year. Lots of Europe. On Saturday
night I did snag two new ones for me EY8MM and 15 mins. later A7/M0FGA. 115
Eoropeans in the log, which is not bad from Florida. We are just so far away!I
put up a 360 foot unterminated beverage across the water aimed at Europe on
Friday. I will take it down tmrw. It heard very well. This was the first
contest on 160 from my Dad's QTH sinced he passed away. I operated from here
back in 2001. Equipment: Orion to an LK-550 1000 watts. The antenna is a 55
foot shunt fed tower with the KT-36XA on top, with lots of radials. Some which
are tied into the 450 foot aluminum seawall that runs east and west. Cu you in
the SSB from here. Mark W4SVO