[3830] CQ160 CW K3STX Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 19:05:55 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 476  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 18  Total Score = 81,213

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Friday night was MUCH better here, the QRN from snow storms was horrible on
Saturday night and it was very very difficult to hear Europe at all. 13
10-pointers on Friday night, only 2 on Saturday. This could well be my favorite
contest, lots of loud signals with an additional layer of weak ones in there
that are worth all the points. Maybe some day when I get a better rig with
narrower filters/DSP I can dig some more of them out. I KNEW Europeans were out
in force, I just could not hear many of you.

Thanks,

Paul
Kenwood TS-850S
Inverted L up about 50 feet
40 meter long Beverage antenna for Europe