[3830] CQ160 CW K4XU Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 19:33:52 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 430  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 18  Total Score = 85,392

After successfully lobbying the local power company to fix their noisy line, I
find a whole other layer of crud. It ain't fair! It was perfectly quiet when I
moved in here ah... 15 years ago. Must one move to the bare edge of
civilization in order to have a view of 160m unobstructed by the buzz and hum
of cheap consumer devices?  Every time I buy something for this place I make
sure there is a 30 day no question return policy. It's amazing what the
clock/processor in a Maytag washer can transmit on HF....

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better. On the other hand, conditions were
rather good. Lots of Europeans, just darn difficult shooting through the Right
Coast curtain. Some of those guys hear exceptionally well. Fun weekend.

Dick