[3830] CQ160 CW K5EWJ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 20:32:05 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5EWJ
Operator(s): K5EWJ
Station: K5EWJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Santa Fe, TX

Total:  QSOs = 365  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 22  Total Score = 70,448

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

The propagation was great this week end, unfortunately I had a lot of
atmospheric noise from the storms across the south and some local noise.  The
K3 noise blanker did a nice job with the local noise and a lot of signals were
strong enough to over come the atmospheric noise.  I couldn't find a ND, SD or
DC to complete the US sweep, but I did work KL7RA, KH6AT and KH6ZM.  The best
catch of the contest was PY0F on Fernando de Noronha, a new 160 entity for me.
Other new ones were CT3FN, EF8M, HC2SL and OU1VR to make 87 total.  Maybe one of
these days I will be able to add top band to my DXCC bands.

Rig here is Elecraft K3 and Dentron Clipperton L.  Antenna is an inverted L
with a 60 ft vertical leg.  Software was N1MM and keyer WinKeyer USB.

Great weekend for Top Band.  Lots of Fun!