[3830] CQ160 CW W7AT(W7EW) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 31 21:12:09 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W7AT
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7AT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oregon

Total:  QSOs = 999  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 37  Total Score = 325,710

Club: The Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Worked harder than last year and made about 20% less points, but that's the
vagaries of 160M!  By the time darkness has made it to the far West coast the
band sounded like a herd of crazed chinchillas in heat. I'm asking Elecraft if
they'll make an option for a Clix generator for the K3. Would be great to use
it to keep my run frequency margins a bit wider. Seems like several of the
other radio brands have this feature already installed with avid users!
     Am pleased to have 111 JA in the log along with the 37 EU that were
sparked up. Conditions this year were worse that last year but probably has
been better than next year unless cycle 24 has peaked already.
     Station is a K3/ ACOM 2000A into 2 vertical Comtek phased wires held aloft
bt 2 tall fir trees that are too far apart. Not sure of the gain or angles but
it speaks to JA pretty well. There are also Beverages running through the
place.
     The log has already been loaded to LOTW. If you are not using the LOTW
then you should be.
     The Stew Perry and this one are my favorites. This one generated so much
RF into the sky that 6M opened up!
    73 and I remain,
    Lew