[3830] RAC Day CF3NAVY(VE3RCN) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 1 19:44:14 PDT 2010

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: CF3NAVY
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: CF3NAVY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WELLAND

Total:   1      1        1         1  Total Score = 225,720

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I am fudging this just to get it in. 496 qsos. 66 mults. 225,720 is the score. I
got mixed up a few times with NA4C AND NA4K. I should not second guess myself.
Nice to be called by Corsica twice...once in ssb and once in cw. Nice also to
get a call from Kenya. Thats a first. Weirdest momemt was working VA7MM...my
old BC call sign prior to my posting to the Royal Military College where I was
able to snag VE3RCN as a call. CF3NAVY is a killer in CW...even in voice it was
CF3NA/VY. I found in the pile-ups the VY made it through...so I got the
go-ahead. My apologies to some stations near the end of the contest. I was
using my RIT to tune in some signals and forgot to turn it off on 80m. I
thought some people were off freq...my error. Nice to talk about the special
event call sign. Too bad that more than enough contacts did not know Canada had
a Navy. Anyway, check QRZ.COM and pick the Naval QSL card you want when you
QSL...otherwise, you get the next one in the pile. Well, CF3NAVY retires at
0400z on 4 July. Thanks to everyone for the QSOs from the shore station and
from the warship. That makes 2714 qsos in my 27 days on the air. Dont worry
taxpayers...this was all on my time...not while on duty. I may try another
special event in December if the pocket book will allow it to close out the
Centennial for the Royal Canadian Navy. 73 all.