[3830] RAC Day VE3GFN SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jul 2 05:32:07 PDT 2010

                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE3GFN
Operator(s): VE3GFN
Station: VE3GFN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TORONTO ON

  160:    5              1
   80:   25     44       5         3
   40:  108      6       7         3
   20:   94     57       9        10
   15:   11      7       2         2
   10:    2      4       1         1
    6:           2                 1
Total:  245    120      25        20  Total Score = 104,400

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was my second Canada Day Contest.  I'm not sure the bands were any better
than last year, but my score sure was!  Adding 6M to the repetoire helped just
a little, and adding 5000 feet of ground radials to the backyard helped a lot!

I continue to use the TR4W logging software, which works very well for me.  The
Elecraft K3 is so much fun to use, and so versatile in a contest, that it's a
whole new world!