[3830] IARU K1TN SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 06:13:49 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SNJ

  160:    2             0       2
   80:   44             8      12
   40:  250            27      29
   20:  157            20      21
   15:   24             6       1
   10:    0             0       0
-------------------------------------

Elecraft K3, 66-foot bent wire in a tree, NA software. This station simply does
not work well in the summer.

Never heard a single WRTC 2010 Moscow station, much less work one. Did work
quite a few Zone 29 stations though, on 20 and 40. I sent my log to the WRTC
administrators anyway. Due to the points structure of the IARU contest, why
would the WRTC boys bother with North America QSOs when QSOs next door in Zone
28 count the same points? But, I was disappointed not to be able to participate
in their event.

Canada didn't appear to have a HQ station on; that seems a shame.

I finally signed up with Logbook of the World and have uploaded K1TN logs from
Indiana and New Jersey from 2004 to the present -- about 16,000 QSOs with 100
watts and a Slinky. I do not have any logs before 2004; they were destroyed in
a catastrophic event in 1996.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City