[3830] IARU K4RO SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 08:45:53 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TN

  160:     6            3       2
   80:   122            9       9
   40:   419           27      30
   20:  1015           36      34
   15:   327           22      13
   10:    54            9       5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1943    0     106      93  Total Score = 1,084,351

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Nice contest. I worked several WRTC stations, some with fine signals for 100
watts. The WRTC antennas seemed to be working well. The low bands were very
noisy here, but Twenty Meters was always open to somewhere. This is actually my
personal best score in the IARU Championship.

I still need to increase my points per QSO somehow. I hope the score is
accurate. My logging program was not correctly scoring points, and I had
trouble fixing some incorrect zone entries. Other than the scoring issues, the
actual operating part of N1MM Logger worked very well.

I didn't leave much of anything on the table, and that always feels good when
it's over. The station worked great. Adding bypass capacitors to the ICE-419
control lines significantly improved the filter's performance. Thanks again to
N4GG for the sage technical advice. I'm already planning some more station
improvements and strategy for next year. C U in the NAQP contests in August.

73 Kirk K4RO