[3830] IARU KE7YF SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 09:09:41 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KE7YF
Operator(s): KE7YF
Station: KE7YF

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: AZ

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       0      0       0
   40:   5       5      5       3
   20:   2      53     14      21
   15:   0       1      0       1
   10:   0       0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   7      59     19      25  Total Score = 8,800

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

IC-746 PRO 100 Watts
HOA Antenna restrictions
40M/20M/15M - 14AVQ on ground with two 33 foot buried radials.
20M - Center-loaded short dipole (Hustler mobile sticks and resonators) at 10
feet.

Started contest on 40M Saturday morning.  Very few good signals - demotivated
me for most of the rest of the daylight hours even on 20M, and 15M was a vast
wasteland.  Fortunately 20M opened to EU starting in late afternoon and
motivated me once I started to work a few HQ stations.  Never heard any WRTC
stations.  On 20M SSB heard a strong Thailand station but he couldn't hear me
even without competition.  Couldn't get into CW for this one, just lack of
desire.  Lot's of nice S5-S9 EU stations on 20M well past 0400.