[3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 15:51:23 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W, N3HBX, KD4D, KL2A
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD

  160:     8     0      2        2
   80:   124     0     14       22
   40:   603    90     30       37
   20:   758   688     43       49
   15:   389   129     29       40
   10:    48     0     11       12
-------------------------------------
Total:  1930   907    129      162  Total Score = 2,902,725

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to John N3HBX for allowing the group access to the Poolesville
station.

A fun contest.  The composition of the team was in flux up until 48 hours
before the contest when one op dropped.  We were able to replace the op with
KL2A who was out in the DC area on business!

Lots of activity; lots of WRTC stations on 20 when the paths were open to
Russia and when the WRTCers were looking for us.

Conditions were decent with 20 being open worldwide.  15 showed signs of life
and got close to full bloom, but not all the way.  However, I think it would
have opened much better on Sunday had the contest carried on past 1200z.  10
was just not really there with the E-skip - although better than 2008 and 2009.
 40 was a great evening band, but the draw of the polar openings on 20 kept us
from spending our total attention on this band.

80 and 160 were very poor owing to horrendous thunderstorm static from a line
of storms that passed over us and stopped raining around 1145z Saturday.  While
we were fortunate to avoid the rain static, our directional arrays stared
straight into the storm line, which made copy difficult.  Our Q and mult counts
are down over 50% on these bands in comparison to 2008.

We set our score target for this year based on K1LZ's 2009 IARU score.  We
bested that by about 100,000 points which tentatively has us with the new W/VE
multi-single record.

Thanks all for the QSOs!