[3830] IARU KP2CW(K6VVA) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 16:52:26 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KP2CW
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: KV4FZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KP2 via Remote

   40:  306     0      21      23
-------------------------------------

Club: Contest Warriors Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy struck - the original plan was to do a full-time single band CW gig on
20m (remotely), but a feedline problem to the beam developed and Herb was on
another Island working.  Ended up using the 40m inverted vee on the other
TS-480 Antenna port which is where I was stuck without a remote bandswitching
amp.

Due to latency issues, this turned out to be a very part-time QRV in short
peridoic segments. Lots of static Saturday Night, and many callers down in my
QRN. Some big latency issues at times which necessitated just shutting
everything off.  The new ISP due online in June is delayed until August.
Hopefully things will improve in the remote department when they fire up.

Apologies to OK1GS who got left hanging when Internet related issues locked
everything up for several minutes and could not send my TU.  So sorry, OM.

What a hoot to work A71A on 40m while sitting at my kitchen table in K6 land.

Tnx to Herb/KV4FZ and family for hosting my remote gear and for use of an
AL-80B amp.

73 & Tnx for the Q's and mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust