[3830] IARU 9A/VE3ZIK SO Mixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jul 12 03:36:08 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: 9A/VE3ZIK
Operator(s): VE3ZIK
Station: 9A/VE3ZIK

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:

  160:    6      2      7
   80:  195     44     38
   40:  248     53     46
   20:  322     79     47
   15:  117     24     43
   10:   21      6     10
-------------------------------------
Total:  909    208    199       0  Total Score = 564,961

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Great Contest! Still able to work 1100+ Q's without 160m antenna and
only with 1/4 GP antennas for each band. I am not satisfied with MTPL
number, 20 less than 2009. despite I worked MIX Category. The second
problem was, I wasted too much time to call some Multis instead to
call CQ :-) 10m was short opened in Saturday and that was the end of
the story for 10m band here. Only 2 QSOs on 10m in Sunday. 20m...
great opening to USA West Coast on Sunday morning on 20m. I enjoyed
several runs (I mean it is real fun to be on 7004 CW with 100W and GP
and be there almost 2 hours). Next year I must have some 160m antenna,
try to catch more  MTPL's and HQ's but, contest should be fun and it
is fun. Also, it was very interesting to work all WRTC Teams, and some
scores with 100W and tribander/wires are fantastic. It was interesting
to hear some stations with great signals and some other with weak
signal, same band on same time, especially on 20m. I didn't try to
work all Teams, but R36Y was 6 times into my log. Thanks to my family,
they are great support for me, so today is Monday and time for swimming, no
contest... till IOTA Contest in two weeks from EU-170. :)
See you all in 2011! 73, Zik VE3ZIK, DO7ZZ, YT3ZZ